Dear BRIC Community,
The excitement is building up throughout the community about the upcoming Garba Raas & Dandiya Night .
We have a great event planned for all of us to enjoy. For any event to run smoothly, some guidelines have to be followed so we request you to please take a moment to review important information listed below.
BRIC has several generous sponsors and vendors who have helped us offset the costs of organizing this grand an event. This event would not be possible without their support. Please visit their tables and learn about them. You might find useful information and special deals!
VENUE & EVENT Information:
- Location: Ridge High School (268 S Finley Ave, Basking Ridge).
- Entrance ONLY through the main door. Side doors will remain locked.
- Time: The event begins at 6:30 pm and ends at 11:30 pm
- Registration Desk may close around 9 PM to allow our volunteers to enjoy the event. Please arrive on time!
- Arrive at the registration desk with your Printed Ticket/ OR downloaded e-tickets on your phone to collect the wristbands! Entry will NOT be permitted without tickets. Wristbands should be worn for the entire duration of the event.
- NO heels are allowed on the Gym floor. Remember, this is your school so please strictly abide by all the rules.
- Dandiya sticks will be available for sale. Cost: $3 a pair and $5 for two pairs. Please bring change.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD or DRINKS are allowed.
- No food or drinks in the gym, except bottled water.
- ALCOHOL is NOT permitted on the school premises (inside or outside)
- 6:30pm – Event starts
- 7pm-8:15pm – start with teen (3) tali garba (Hindi Bollywood mix) followed by two (2) tali garba – 1hr
- 8:15-8:30 – Aarti / Prasad
- 8:30-9pm – break, announcements
- Dandiya (stick dance): 9:15-10:30
- 10:30-11:30pm – Gadi, Sanedo, Timali dance, bhangra, free dancing led by choreographers
- Event ends: 11:30
Chand Palace is our caterer for Dandiya 2023.
Food – We have incorporated your feedback and are changing a few things about our food service this year. Food will be served in a single-serve limited buffet style manner. Think of it as a boxed meal, but instead of boxing, we are providing a hot meal on a plate. Please enter the line and fill up your plate ONCE. You will not be able to come back in the line for more unless you pay again.
Please maintain cleanliness at all times by disposing of your trash after eating, so that the next guest can use a clean table. Clean your area completely of any trash or food before you leave the cafeteria.
During peak time/break time, expect long lines.
No large bags or backpacks will be permitted. If you must carry, ex: a diaper bag, expect the security to check the contents.
The event will be monitored by our local police at all times. Please report if you see anything suspicious.
Park in designated parking spaces only. Carpool if you can!
THIS IS A SCHOOL AREA – WE NEED TO FOLLOW THEIR RULES AND POLICIES. PLEASE BE VERY MINDFUL!
Please remind your entire family, that no one is allowed to wander in the school, as we do not have a permit to go beyond the perimeters established (Entry, GYM, and CAFETERIA only).
Young children must be supervised at all times!